- It’s fall and the weather is well aware
- Long walks to dinner and the conversation that ensues
- Farm Burger = bliss
- Not one but two runs in the woods
- Another baby deer along the trails
- A wonderful morning on the trails with a wonderful friend
- Antique exploring. I loved seeing Katie’s excitement over the cameras at my favorite antique store that I simply glance over every time
- Shopping with my mom and my sister
- Sharing in some Spice Girls hits to educate my sister
- Finding the jeans I have been far too in love with on mega sale and in my size. And the ability to fit into children’s size shoes for another outrageous deal. Score.
- Football and house hunting with my favorite
- Chili. It’s back.
- Did I mention fall is in full swing?
- 23rd September
- 16th September
- Cooking in and movie night
- The weather that allows me to keep the windows open and air off 24/7
- An impromptu date with Eliz for the weekend in Chattanooga
- Gas for 50¢ less than in Atlanta (what?!)
- A picnic in the park with Lupi’s
- Art fairs
- Antique store finds to
completecontinue my bottle collection
- Earring crafting
- Running into a family of deer on the trails
- A 6 miles run where I didn’t pass a soul (if you don’t count adorable deer)
- 17th June
- Sweaty runs by the river
- Late night dinners
- Spending time with old friends
- Time to make new friends
- Sleeping in
- Mornings on the trails
- A clean car
- Bathing suits
- Makeup less day(s)
- 5th April
There is just something too overly adorable about seeing my Dad post on Facebook about good times with his beautiful wife, who also happens to be my Mom. If only I’m blessed enough to have a marriage only a fraction as strong as theirs someday.
- 12th February
- Wandering Scott’s Antique Market with my parents, two people who truly appreciate every treasure such as place has to offer
- Coming up with plans for DIY projects from Scott’s with my Dad. I definitely didn’t get the DIY bug from Pinterest, it’s clearly genetic
- Exploring Atlanta neighborhoods and showing my Mom Dad and I’s favorite places
- House “hunting” and by hunting I mean lusting for an afternoon with Patrick
- Silly puppies
- Breakfast surprises
- Cool weather - for some strange reason
- Cooking and baking
- A clean apartment - is my age starting to show?
- Wine tasting and shopping, why didn’t someone think of this sooner?
- I can see my ankle again
- Feeling ready to conquer the week head, not fearful
- 4th February
Being hurt sucks. But I have a boyfriend and family members who are entirely sweeter than I deserve. There’s always a bright side.
- 2nd February
Today was not my favorite start to days. I went to bed with a bad headache last night, the kind where I know the next day is going to be rough. Well, it certainly was. I spent the morning fighting the urge to throw up, shielding my eyes and ears from bright light, loud noises and frustrating meetings. My morning meetings whizzed by, leaving me with that marathon feeling of accomplishing nothing. By lunch, I felt myself clinging for a last effort Coke to help my brain work. I found no dollars or change at my desk, but luckily I’m surrounded by awesome people. Day changer types of people.
Let’s end the negative nancy talk right there. A wonderful coworker of mine lent me a dollar and as a by-product, set my day right back on track.
I finished out the day, not the most productive, but closer. I left the office before 5:00, simply because it was amazingly beautiful outside. I met up with another dear coworker and spent nearly 6 miles hitting the pavement, venting, sharing, dodging cars, setting goals, watching children play and planning for the future.
I cannot tell you if it was the endorphins, the company, the weather or the combo of it all, but at the end of the most frustrating of days we have to trust in the people around us, we have to trust in ourselves and we have to trust in the Lord who controls every little step, meeting and person in our days.
I know I’ll have more frustrating days ahead. Probably lots. But, I also know at the end of each day, or throughout them for that matter, I am surrounded by people who challenge me, who remind me to be great and who make bad days turn into great ones, and that’s all that matters in the end.